How to Join or Otherwise Support SGS
Here are several ways to support the mission of The Stretch Glass Society. These include:
- Become an annual member of The Stretch Glass Society.
- Contribute to The Stretch Glass Society by making a charitable, tax-deductible donation. Donations may be in the form of cash, stretch (or other) glass or in-kind services or goods.
- Subscribe to the SGS Quarterly.
Two types of annual memberships are available: E-memberships for those who receive the SGS Quarterly newsletter and all other communications by email and M-memberships for those who receive the SGS Quarterly newsletter in printed form and all other communications by US Mail. The email version of our newsletter is in full color while the printed newsletter has only the front page and one other page in color. We encourage new members to join as e-members to receive your newsletter in full color.
E-memberships are $18.00 per year. M-memberships are $28.00 per year for those with a US mailing address and $30 per year for those with a mailing address in Canada. Please contact us for rates in other jurisdictions. All payments for memberships should be remitted in US dollars. All memberships extend through December 31 of the current year and may be renewed at that time to continue receiving the SGS Quarterly newsletter and other membership benefits.
If you would like to become a member of the Stretch Glass Society and support our activities to preserve and promote stretch glass, please print and fill out the Stretch Glass Membership Form and send it and a check to: The Stretch Glass Society, P O Box 117, Sunbury, OH 43074.
Benefits of Membership:
- Receive four well-written, informative newsletters per year, presented in full color for our e-members. (The email version of the SGS Quarterly is produced with full color photos throughout the entire newsletter. Due to printing costs, the paper copy of the SGS Quarterly distributed by US mail has selected color photos on certain pages with the remaining pages printed in black and white.)
- Early Registration for Annual Convention & Stretch Glass Show; reduced hotel room rate.
- The opportunity to purchase annual convention souvenir stretch glass, subject to availability.
- Opportunity to enter raffle drawings for iridescent stretch glass when offered in conjunction with our annual convention and stretch glass show -- and perhaps win a beautiful addition to your stretch glass collection.
- Opportunity to attend and bid at the auctions presented in conjunction with our annual convention and stretch glass show
- Stretch Glass Society Member Directory (updated annually in August).
- Contact with lots of friendly people who understand your collecting passion.
- Access to the password protected (reserved for members only) “vault” on the SGS website. Inside the vault are over 150 issues of the SGS Quarterly filled with in-depth articles and photos of stretch glass. The members only portion of the website also contains Annual Action Plans, Minutes of Board Meetings, and other information from the Stretch Glass Society.
- Opportunity to be a candidate for the Board of Directors and participate in the leadership and strategic direction of the Society
The Stretch Glass Society was recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code in 2016. Contributions to the Stretch Glass Society may be tax deductible as charitable contributions and will provide funding for the Society to pursue our mission to encourage and support interest in and learning and enlightenment of one of America’s heritages, iridescent stretch glass, which was produced by nine American glass companies ca. 1916-1932 and by one American glass company ca. 1980-2011. We are dedicated to preserving this beautiful glassware and the history of its manufacture as well as encouraging stretch glass by collectors, museums, auctioneers, and all who share our enthusiasm for stretch glass to exhibit, use and enjoy it.. We provide a forum to promote friendship among those interested in stretch glass and to give each an opportunity to participate in new discoveries and experiences concerning iridescent stretch glass. We provide opportunities to learn the history of stretch glass and to stay abreast of recent discoveries and development through our quarterly newsletter, The Stretch Glass Society Quarterly, and in-person events and virtual discussions. We offer collectors and others interested in stretch glass an opportunity to share points of interest, to provide and benefit from on-going educational programs and materials and to enjoy the fun and fellowship of collecting iridescent stretch glass. Charitable contributions supplement funds raised from operations and memberships.
Donations to the Stretch Glass Society may be made by check mailed to Treasurer, Stretch Glass Society, PO Box 117, Sunbury, OH 43074. Donations of stretch (or other) glassware or offers to provide in-kind services or goods should be arranged in advance by contacting the President of the Stretch Glass Society at email@example.com. All donations will be acknowledged by the Society.
We sincerely appreciate all contributions to The Stretch Glass Society and recognize each donor for their contributions. Designations may be achieved thru one-time or cumulative giving. Individuals reaching a new giving designation will be recognized at the Annual Convention Banquet (or at such other time and place as may be appropriate). All donors will receive The Stretch Glass Quarterly by email for a period of one year following the date of their donation. The designations are as follows:
Stretch Glass Society Member
Stretch Glass Society Contributing member
Stretch Glass Society Supporting member
Stretch Glass Society Sustaining member
Stretch Glass Society Donor
Stretch Glass Society Patron
up to $99
$10,000 and above
Subscription to The Stretch Glass Society Quarterly
For those individuals who are only interested in information on iridescent stretch glass and news from The Stretch Glass Society, subscriptions to The Stretch Glass Society Quarterly are the perfect answer. You will receive all four issues of the Quarterly for the year in which you begin your subscription. Subscriptions must be renewed at the end of each calendar year in order to continue receiving The Stretch Glass Quarterly. Subscriptions are $18 per year and issues will be emailed to you at the end of each calendar quarter. Please send a check for $18 along with your name and email address to Treasurer, Stretch Glass Society, PO Box 117, Sunbury, OH 43074.